Our friends at GB just keep getting better and better. We are so thrilled to announce that they recently won the ADAC Best in Class with their amazing gb Everna-Fix. The Everna-Fix underwent rigorous testing and had to meet specific criteria to be awarded this prestigious award.
The gb Everna-Fix is officially Best in Class* based on the October 2019 ADAC car seat test results. But what exactly does this award mean?
What does the award actually mean?
The gb Everna-Fix is among the leading group of child car seats included in the European test performed by the ADAC, ÖAMTC and TCS. The gb child car seat received a “Good” rating with a final grade of 2.4. The ADAC stated that the gb Everna-Fix is a good child car seat with a long potential period of use.
What is ADAC?
The Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club (ADAC) is a German automobile organisation that performs rigorous crash tests on car seats. Twice a year, a selection of car seats are tested and rated.
Parents around the world all share the same concern for the safety of their children. Particularly in the car, this is a topic where compromise simply is not an option. To help parents choose the right car seat for their children, standards have been implemented across the world. The current mandatory standard is UN R-44/04. Since 2013, the UN Regulation No. 129 (R-129) runs in parallel and states that a rearward-facing car seat is mandatory for children up to at least 15 months of age. In addition to the legal requirements, car seats are also checked and tested by independent testing institutes such as the German automobile club (ADAC) and Stiftung Warentest.
The German automobile club ADAC tests car seats and infant car seats from each group in front and side impact collisions. In addition to the crash test, further tests are carried out to evaluate the safety of the child seats with regards to misuse potential, handling, ergonomic design, cleaning properties, workmanship and the presence of harmful substances. The car seats are also tested in everyday use with real children and parents. To emerge as the winner of such a test, products must meet stringent requirements in a variety of different categories
For October 2019, 20 different seats of all categories and groups were tested and rated.
The award winning gb Everna-Fix features
- GROUP 1/2/3 - Suitable from 9 months – approximately 12 years (9 – 36 kg)
- Grows with your child - Adapts to the growth of your child from 9 months up to 12 years.
- Patented Reclining Headrest - Keeps your child ́s head in the safety zone, especially when it falls asleep.
- Energy-Reduction Technology - Less forces on the sensitive neck area in case of an accident.
- Integrated L.S.P System and Energy-Absorbing Shell – Reduces the force from a side impact by approx. 25%
- Top Tether with Installation Control - For more certainty when installing the seat.
- Reclining Seat – the one-hand reclining seat allows for comfortable a position.
*ADAC 10/2019 Group 1/2/3