The Merino Kids Cocooi Babywrap & Hat in Dark Slate is a perfect gift for newborn babies. This 100% merino swaddle comes with a matching beanie to keep baby's head warm. The Cocooi baby wrap is a beautiful swaddling wrap made from superfine NZ Merino wool. It is shaped to allow you to adjust the size to fit snug around baby's body, fitting perfectly across baby's chest.
Swaddling is the age old practice of snugly wrapping a blanket around a baby to help calm, soothe and comfort them and encourage sleep. It works by mimicking the conditions in the womb, providing warmth and a slight resistance to movement. Swaddling is clinically proven to help babies remain asleep safely on their backs, while also reducing the effect of the moro reflex, which is the tendency for newborns to startle themselves awake by suddenly moving their arms. It can also help ease the discomfort of colic in the early weeks. All of which mean peace of mind and a better nights sleep for you.
- Prevents waking from startle reflex
- Swaddling is recommended by midwives
- Merino has a smooth non-irritant surface
- Helps settle baby + prevent facial scratches
- Allows baby to adjust to a comfortable position
- Extremely easy to use, perfect fit every time with no fuss
- Merino stretches to your baby's body shape + holds firmly in place
- All Cocooi babywraps come with matching superfine merino beanie
- Vent function allowing baby to be safely belted into their car seat or buggy
- Creates its own microclimate around the body, regulating baby's temperature
- Merino also breathes, absorbing + releasing moisture in warm conditions + insulating through cooler times
The benefits of Merino wool:
Temperature regulation: Nursery room temperatures can fluctuate during the night causing a baby to wake up. Merino's unparalleled breathability means no clamminess next to the skin, creating a perfect micro-climate around the body and helping regulate a baby's body temperature. Merino will keep your baby warm in the cold and cool in the heat and help prevent overheating.
Comfort: Our Merino is superfine, luxuriously soft, light and non-itchy. It is also hypoallergenic, helping babies with sensitive skin & eczema problems.
100% natural: Wool is the least flammable of fibres and the safest to have next to your body. It is naturally self-extinguishing and, unlike synthetics, it won't melt and stick to skin. The material also retains less odour and nasty smells, thus reducing the need for frequent washing. But it is machine-washable and very easy to care for.
Barcode ean: 9420056107750Boxed weight: 120 g
Merino Kids is the natural choice with their 100% natural baby & toddler sleepwear made from the powerhouse fibre that is Merino wool. Using her background in textile design and knowledge of Merino as a 100% natural wonder fibre, founder Amie created Merino Kids. Merino Kids create softer, safer garments that insulate and breathe better in both hot and cold environments, ensuring young children and babies are perfectly adapted to their sleeping environments.