We think these Bambino Merino Baby Sleeping Bags are the best baby sleeping bags you can get your hands on!
Made from 100% natural fibre, they contain NO synthetic filling which can make babies sweat and overheat. This means no tog rating (as there is no filling - just natural fibre)- so they really are for year around use. For use in temperatures 17-30 degrees, they are slightly heavier weight merino that other merino sleeping bags. There is no need for a summer bag and winter bag - or even duvet weight bag in the cold winters. For colder weather you can layer up a little more underneath.
The luxurious merino wool is silky soft against the skin, like cashmere with absolutely no fibre itch. Poppers under arms alter the sleeping bag size for smaller babies and the full length surround zip allows the bag to be opened completely flat for night time nappy changes.
- Made from 100% natural fibres - soft 100% merino lining & a striped cotton outer
- Absolutely no fibre itch
- No synthetic filling or lining, which can make babies sweat
- Comes in a matching travel bag
- Designed to be worn in all seasons
- One size fits from approx 3-24 months of age
- Measure approximately 95cm from neck to hem
- Adjustment poppers at armholes for smaller babies
- May be machine washed & cool tumble dried
Always use an approved wool detergent such as Ecover Delicate for Silk & Wool, Persil Silk & Wool or Woolite. Don't presume your usual non-bio detergent will be fine, if you check the label most say they are not suitable for wool
- Wash at a maximum temperature of 30˚c – heat and wool don't mix and washing at high temperatures causes ‘felting’ and shrinkage
- Spin gently
- Do not soak
- Fabric conditioners or softeners are not recommended (or needed)
- Gently reshape the garment as you remove it from the washing machine
- Do not use bleach
- Merino doesn’t hold a lot of water so dries quickly on a drying rack or over a banister.
- Do not tumble dry
- Dry away from direct sunlight
- Cool iron if required (we have never found the need nor desire to do this)
Merino is naturally stain and odour resistant and requires less frequent washing than other fabrics – hooray!
We recommend unzipping your baby sleeping bag and airing it over the cot rail in between sleeps to cut down on washing.